22 years a birth and postpartum Doula.
You want experience in the room!
Especially with birth and postpartum support.
I have attended over 590 births,
40 home water births in three months as an assistant midwife.
I have also worked with over 800 families postpartum.
No agenda, just support.
ALL births are sacred! I do not stand in judgement of ANY birth.
Birth is not a competition. It is a revolution toward Love!
Labor land is a place unto itself. I am but a guide in “labor land”.
Birth is a teacher and there is no perfect birth.
There is what we learn.
Each birth is original and individual.
I am your physical, and emotional support.
You and baby are the magic in the room.
Birth Doula Packages
I am on-call 24 hrs a day 2 weeks before your due date and 2 weeks after your due date for any and all questions. Every Monday (MAMA Mondays) I reach out with product/ birth/ postpartum information and a general, “Hello, how are you?
I am your consistent ally from start to finish. Nurses come and go. Doctors and midwives are usually only there at the end. I am there for the duration. I do not give medical advice and I am not a midwife. I use “Spinning Babies” and Body Ready Method techniques for optimal positioning which decreases your time in labor. They are also known for creating a smoother transition and decreased pushing time.
Birth Doula Support $3900-$4200
A’ la carte/ Additions
Private Birth Education (3 hours) $450
Infant care education class $350
Placenta Encapsulation $400
(Contact me for payment plan options or modifications.)
Birth Doula Package
- Weekly text to check- in and share every Monday until your labor. (Mama Mondays) .
I provide 2 meetings (two hours each meeting) of “labor mechanics” preparation prior to delivery.
- I also offer “First day home” (or any day) Postpartum 4 hours. ( included $4200)
*** I do not work with clients who have not completed a proper childbirth education class per the requirements of my certification. Our meetings are not childbirth education classes. Our sessions are about labor navigation and understanding my role as your doula.
*Private childbirth education course available upon request.*
- I am a certified ICEA childbirth educator.
- My private class is 3 hours and covers birth basics.
During labor I note every stage
- I provide a birth log/ story of your birth journey.
- I also take photos just after delivery. (Please note, I am not a professional photographer. That being said, clients have appreciated and enjoyed the photos I have taken.)
(Begins one and a half months before your due date)
- Intake and clarification of information
- Discuss the role of a doula.
- Emotional triggers of birth / Grief and Denial
- Dr. Odent, Dr. Merium Szejer
- Building your “birth hopes” page and strategy
- Role of the divine masculine in the birth room.
- The first 12 hours
- “Dads Elbow”
- Birth and the Middle Way
- “Anchor” for baby.
- Meeting the Shadow
- The nuts and bolts of pushing.
- Positions and practice. (Spinning Babies)
- My “top five” system
- Induction details and strategy.
- “What we resist, persists.”
- Nursery check.
- Induction navigation. The “Bishop Score”.
- Postpartum “First Day home” visit.
In Case of Induction:
- I am not in attendance during the use of ripening agents.
- I am in contact every 4-6 hours by phone during ripening.
- I arrive an two hours after Pitocin is in place.
- I am with you for the duration until baby is born.
- I take my leave approximately one hour after the birth.
- (Photography of labor, birth is included.)
POSTPARTUM HOME VISIT
Your first day home can be overwhelming.
It’s wonderful to have an extra pair of hands and experienced newborn care specialist (me) on hand for breastfeeding or /bottle feeding support, and general “getting acclimated” support.
I have worked with over 800 families postpartum.
*Additional hours may be added upon request for birth clients only.
I come to home, hospital, or birth center when your contractions are lasting 60 seconds + for over an hour. I am always in touch as labor begins.
Postpartum Doula/ infant care educator-
(By request only at this time due to demand.)
- The Art of Maternal Telepathy and Infant Communication”
- I make every effort to be there your first day home.
- Breast feeding support / pump navigation
- SPA BABY–
- (bath, nails, baby massage)
- Cord /circumcision/ non-circumcision education and care
- Jaundice/ colic solutions
- Product and nursery consultation
You can also find me on Instagram